Race To The Top

I had always been the type of person who lives by the day.


Richness has never been my aim. Happiness, comfortability, peace of mind, these for me are what matters most.


"Looks like your older sister is earning more than you, she even bought a new motorcycle." My mom told me while I was taking off my shoes. I just came from a date that day.


She has a point. She does earn more. Heck, she buys what she wants almost weekly and I don't. That's how it is.


But that is perfectly fine with me. I have no qualms for now. I am happy where I am.


You see, for so long, I have looked for a job that I really like, aside from my volunteer work in the past, this would be my fifth work.


Yes, I was searching myself and my niche.


But I have found what I love doing and I am quite content. Compensation-wise, it could be a little higher but I am taking a little more time before I ask the boss for a raise. Patience has never been one of my strengths but if I want to make it work in this company, I have to suck it for now.


"That is okay mom, I am happy. And that is all that matters for me."


I told my mom as I went into the bathroom to take a bath.

Comments

Popular Posts