The Flirting Game

I thought I had graduated from this phase, apparently I haven't.


There I was inside the MRT minding my own business, just listening to random songs in the playlist, and knowing it would just be a very average day for me. I wasn't even able to fix myself for crying out loud - with hair in distress, a zit as large as a moon crater, and a slightly crumpled polo shirt. I looked more like I had been harassed even before stepping inside the office premises.


But he was still stealing glances.


And of course I try to smile very faintly, ever so cautious.


He rode the train in Guadalupe. The first time I laid my eyes on him I told myself: "wow, he's cute" and resumed my listening.


But the longer I see him standing in front of me with his chinky eyes, fair-toned skin, and face that just seems very um, pleasing, the more I got engrossed in him.


At first, I tried to distract myself by looking at all the possible areas around the MRT but I can't. I really did try.


I caught him stealing glances again and this time the smile on his face prolonged for a little longer than expected.


So I try to reciprocate with a very weak smile. I can't go all the way. He might think I'm easy to get.


But what made me all jittery was when he was touching my hand with his hand along the vertical handle bar. 


You see I have rare experiences like this in public places more so in cramped and compressed public vehicles so you can just imagine the exhilaration I felt when he was slightly touching my hand.


He was still smiling and I actually felt awkward and wanting to burst out laughing. But I kept my composure and just played along with it.


He was still lightly touching my hand while smiling unknowingly to the general public while stealing glances and I was doing the same. Call it reciprocity in its most discreet sense.


I thought it would last long, the flirting, the fun, the excitement. But alas, Cubao station came and well, it ended with the closing of the door. Him walking outside while I was still inside, trying to catch a glimpse of him amidst the people rushing to go down.

Comments

  1. haha.. you should've asked for his number..so the smile-while-hand touching thingy ends up to something more flirty and amorous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You call that a break in. The next time it happens, you know what to do, Kuya Pawpaw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life has this strange(and usually annoying) way of proving our conclusions wrong, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. true. you could've asked for his number. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. flirtation inside the train? nice.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @yamyam - you see, I don't ask for numbers nor their facebook names. :)

    @Mugen - I think the percentage of us meeting again in the MRT would be very unlikely but who knows?

    @Spiral Prince - life is strange. Period. ;)

    @iamrei - naaah, a lot of people were there. I was too shy. Hahaha!

    @Nate - it really is!Try it!

    @Eternal Wanderer - Perish the thought! A harridan! But I am only of vulnerability. Yes, I am only that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts