The Bad Side of a Good-looker

From what I had experienced from dating good-looking gay guys, I'm pretty sure some of you could relate to this post of mine so bear with me as we get a low-down on how they think.

Headturners are not complete without their imperfections, of course they are usually hidden underneath because from our point of view, physically, they are nearly perfect. But hypothetically let us try to dissect them and take a closer inspection in their emotional aspect of living...

You guys ready?

Let's start!

Primarily, what I distinctly noticed about them is their insecurity. Once, I dated a guy who kept on asking me if he really looks good that time, does he look fat or is the guy sitting next to us look cuter than him. Frankly, I was getting a bit annoyed from his questions. I really wanted to answer him that: one, yes, you do look good like I wanna kiss you in front of the people just to show you how much you oh-so-look-darn-good. Two, no, you definitely don't look fat because if you are then what do you think of me? A snowman who just breathes and smiles at you? and Three, I'm sorry, the guy sitting next to you is way out of our league. Hehehe...just kidding, of course I'm not a bad a** because it's a date and because I'm such a goody two shoes when it comes to dates. The only thing I was thinking that time is if that's really relevant to ask from me? Hey, I'm no dating guru and I'm not Dr. Love but I do have a pretty good idea what are the basic do's and dont's of dating or perhaps meeting a person. People like him worry about themselves too much, they think society can and will control them, they think primary conviction will come from the majority of people he usually interacts and they need sincere assurance from the masses that they do stand out. The last statement is a bit ironic but hey, being gay means irony at a different level.

Now, this insecurity with their physicality, it actually emanates from their emotions. Most likely, he had a major rejection maybe from his parents, friends, colleagues or some other people significant to him. This physical insecurity is an outward expression. This physical insecurity is a displacement of his feelings. We can't blame him though as we might not know how bad the experience was but, the best thing for us to do is support them in a POSITIVE way.
Second, I also noticed a high level of sensitivity and this is not your typical 'balat-sibuyas', fine, onion-skinned sensitivity. They do get ticked off, pissed off, infuriated sometimes by the slightest joke or ridicule. And when they do get pissed off, they either storm out on you like an actor in a telenovela in a heated discussion with the leading lady or they stay so silent that they don't utter a word up to the point of not even opening their mouths. Now, what I usually do to warm him up and stop the cold treatment is to try and cuddle with him if in a private place or I just try my best to explain that what I said is just a joke and not to be taken seriously. If still, he doesn't warm up or reciprocate from what I'm doing...I stop.
There's REALLY, REALLY no point in explaining to a person who is angry because at that time and that state of mind, his ego or pleasure principle will be the one to rule over him. It's his thinking of 'what I do is for myself is right' action that is overcoming his emotions. His sensitivity comes from a lot of factors from a harsh or abrasive environment to over-protective parents or siblings to a break-up gone wrong and none disclosure.

Of course these statements may not be 100% since we people do believe in case to case basis but nonetheless, these are my keen observations. Stay tuned!


Comments

  1. there may be some truth to this, guyrony. heightened insecurity i'd understand, but not necessarily due to a freudian reason. sensitivity, hmmm. this i have yet to observe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i could not agree more with the comment above mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts