Parangal

"Ma, tulog na tayo."

It was already late at night but she was still mixing the glutinous rice in a large pot.

"Sige anak mauna ka na. Kailangan pang tapusin ito kasi."

"Gising ka na lang ng maaga..."

"Hindi pwede anak walang ititinda bukas ng umaga."

My mom had done odd jobs before, from working at a canteen, to selling native delicacies at the munisipyo, to selling privilege cards to people. It might not be the "ideal" work as a HRM graduate but she did make ends meet.

Life was hard. I remembered there was a time when we were eating canned mackerel everyday, and those canned mackerels were credited on my dad's list which was paid on a "pag-nakaluwag-luwag" basis.

I have got to admit I was not the proud son that I could have been. I can see my mom's determination, hard work and effort in cooking every single day to add to the family's increasing demands, but when you compare them to your classmates' or cousins' parents who are mostly working in the corporate world with matching blazers and leather shoes...Your mom's seem nil.

And that's where I was wrong.

Each and everyday she would put all her efforts purchasing, mixing, checking, tasting, and wrapping or placing all her products to be sold. She did it with passion. She did it for love.

She did it for us.

And so Mom, now that our lives are much easier and much better I want to say thank you for everything you have done for us.

I may not say it everyday but I mean it in the proudest-son-kind-of-way.

"Proud akong maging anak mo at proud na proud akong naitaguyod niyo kami."

Comments

  1. Awh this is sweet :) The things our Mamas do for love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts