Someone Liked You

"Do you still miss him?"

My date asked me while Adele's Someone Like You played at the background.

I looked ahead and saw the tight traffic.


Closed my eyes and thought about his question.

"Sometimes I do." I replied. "But only when this song comes along."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am pretty sure."

I took his hand and smiled at him.

"Do you still miss him?" I asked the same question.

"I do but from time to time."

"Do you think you and him would ever go back together?"

"No I don't think so. Not at this point." He reassured me.

It's funny how some random song can change a topic, a conversation and even a mood.

You think about the past - your why's and what's and how's - questions mingling with your current thoughts.

Do you still look back?

Or look forward?

Will you let yourself be chained with your past?

Or break free for the future?

As the moon slowly rose and the darkness shrouded Sunday evening, the coldness of the weather enveloping...I closed my eyes again and smiled.

It was good while it lasted.

It was good while it lasted.

"Never mind I'll find someone like you. I wish nothing but the best for you too."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts