Millenial Talk

"So saan na tayo ulit?" I asked the gang while sipping my brambleberry juice.

Yes we were at Starbucks. The default of people who has nowhere to hangout to.


"We were talking about our future," Aaron replied.


"Ay oo nga pala. Pero before that tanungin ko muna si Drew."


"What?" asked Drew.


"Where'd you meet your partner? At ilang taon na kayo?"


"We met at Davao when I was still based there. Actually matagal na kaming magkakilala. Hindi lang kami agad nag-meet."


"Ah, okay."


"Tapos it was a long process kasi nga he's not based there and when he does go there, he just messages me out of the blue. As in walang text man lang before a day or two na pupunta pala siya. Ganoon."


So Drew was narrating how they met, how they got to know each other and how they fell in love. They were seeing each other on and off for about a couple of years before they finally and mutually agreed to be together.


"How is it with LDR? Hindi ba mahirap?" I further inquired.


"Hindi naman."


"And this is a fairly monogamous relationship?"


"Yes." Drew answered with much conviction.


"Hay Drew, masaya kami para sa iyo. Nahanap mo na siya. Sa dami ng lalaki mo before. Here came this guy out of Manila to woo you." I said while smiling.


"Thank you, G."


"You're welcome. I remembered your blog before when you went to the club, slept with a guy, took some multivitamins and had to go to work the next day. Nakakaloko."


Aaron, Jap and me laughed while Drew wondered.


"So ikaw Aaron, are you dating anyone now?"


We turned our attention to him.


"Hay, you wouldn't even say dating. Not even a meet-up. I don't even have an adjective for it. That's how it is. That's how it goes."


"Remember how we used to categorize people as date-able and such? Ngayon, grabe, hindi na natin sila ma-categorize."


I laughed.


"Sinabi mo pa," The three echoed.


"Ikaw Jap? Anything new?"


"Aside from work, wala naman. Nagpupunta ako doon sa Butterfly bar in Timog sometimes.


"Ah that bar. Napuntahan ko na yun once," I said.


Knowing Jap, he drowns his sorrows in alcohol. And as much as we tell him that that's not good, it's his life to decide.


"Wala kang nakilalang lalaki doon?" I asked.


"Wala. Wala naman."


"Hindi pa din ako handa. I just came from a shitty relationship," He added.


Aaron looked at him.


"Alam ni Aaron yun. Nasabi ko sa kanya yun."


"Yeah. Naikwento mo nga yun."


"Paano'ng shitty?" I was curious as I had lost contact with them.


"He was very immature. Even for his age. He's spending beyond his means. Mga ganoong bagay. We were always arguing about things."


"Ah kaya pala. Pero nag-uusap pa ba kayo?"


"Hindi na."


"May mga ganoon talaga, Jap."


"Sinabi mo pa."


"Ikaw? Kamusta ang Cebu? Wala kang nakilala doon?"


They all turned their attention to me. I was now on the hotseat.


"Believe it or not guys, wala. Wala talaga."


"Hindi nga?" They chorused.


"Oo. I was so swamped with work that by the time it's the weekend, I just stay home and go to the mall. Literally ganoon naging buhay ko doon."


A few people know me and how I used to be; I was a club goer who had a penchant for spontaneous things.


I'll leave it at that.


"Ganoon talaga ano? We really change our habits and views. Mga ginawa natin dati, we rarely do now. Katulad ng lumabas at mag-club," Aaron added.


"Some things really change guys. Tumanda na nga talaga tayo."


We laughed lightly.


"So ano pang pag-uusapan natin niyan?" I jokingly asked them.


Part 3

Comments

Popular Posts