Millenial Talk

"Kamusta na si Drew?" I asked Jap.

"Ayun, may jowa na," he replied.

And there it is, that magic word: jowa.



"I see. Gaano na sila katagal?" I inquired.


"Matagal-tagal na din ata. LDR sila. The guy works here and he works in Cebu."

"Drew works in Cebu? Hindi man lang kami nagkita nung andoon ako. Sayang."

"Order na tayo guys," Aaron said.

Off we went to check what this new part of Megamall foodcourt had to offer. I had to satisfy myself with some Vietnamese Spring Rolls while Aaron had chicken and Jap had steak.

A few minutes while we were waiting for our orders, Drew came.

He looked a little fuller. Happier and healthier. We all smiled at him.

"Drew, kain." We offered him.

"Thanks. I just had dinner at Galleria," he replied.

"What brings you here? Balita ko asa Cebu ka na?" I asked.

"I go here about once a month."

"Ah okay." I said while finishing my spring rolls.

The four of us were talking anything under the sun but it mostly revolved around work and future plans. It was funny and weird at the same time because the last time we saw each other, we were talking a whole lot differently: clubs, dates and being "wasak" from binge drinking.

Sino kasama mo sa O?

Sino date mo last time?


Sama ka sa amin uminom ng Sabado?


Kamusta date mo? Nagkikita pa ba kayo?


Ay wala na yan. Move on na.


Did you know who slept with who?


"Saan tayo pagtapos nito? I need something sweet, like dessert." I asked them.

"Tignan natin," They chorused.



Part 2

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts