Of Goals And Plans

Remnants

The year is 2016. The month is January. The day is 19th.

I received an organizer from a colleague. That's the one on the farthest right, the green one. I scanned the pages and held it tightly on my hand.

"Another year, another organizer." I murmured to myself while thanking her.

"What did I do to my past organizers? Was I able to fully utilize them?" I added.

I think, for the most part, I was able to use them well.

I was primarily using them to put my workout routine for the day. An example would be Monday Chest Day where I place what exercises I would do for that particular day. Tuesday Back Day also consists of different routines for my back workout. It helped me a lot check what exercises need better form or which exercise need an increase in weights.

Diary. There I said it. I use my organizer as my diary. Blogging helps and I cannot thank this spot enough for so many times it has helped me through hard times, but writing helps too. The moment I do not feel good about myself or something amazing happened, I will write it down my organizer. It can be simple or even petty, but for me it is significant: like trips with the ex-partner. Life-changing in its own way.

Account ledger. Recently I got into this habit of placing all my daily expenses in my organizer too. With the purchase of a house and lot; a variable insurance; a trust fund; and soon a place in the stock market; I have to keep everything in check. Even a peso can make or break a well-budgeted salary. It helps too that I'm able to track every peso spent. I know people who always say that money flies out of their pockets and I do understand them because I have been in their place. It sucks because you don't know where your money goes and for some reason you tally your compensation and expenses but it does not match. At all. So now becoming a more responsible citizen, I have taken the initiative to do this. It may be arduous but it is worth it.

Long-term Goals. Although I know what my long-term goals are, I still write them down yearly. These are still the same ones I have planned for quite some time. I have not achieved all of them yet and even if I do, I would definitely add more. That's how life is, you reach a goal and you set another goal. Makes perfect sense.

Short- term Goals. Like long-term goals, short-term goals are also planted in my organizer. But of course short-term goals are met, for the most part. It may not be an annual achievement but I see to it that most of these goals are met.

I plan to write more with the organizer but I'm still thinking what other things I could write with it.

Until then, these will have to do.

Comments

  1. Best of luck achieving your goals this year!! I love using planners and organizers to plan out my day, I'm always more productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one planner...2015, it was the "moving on" planner. Things i wanted to say to the ex, words not spoken, text not sent... and in due time, i plan to give it to him. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. May you achieve the plans you put in the planner :) soon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts