Final Words

Dear B,

I still have not figured out how to write the perfect letter for you. I could start by saying 'sorry' or 'thank you', either of the two seems appropriate. But as our emotions finally distanced, mine especially, I am finding it more and more difficult to even start composing anything meaningful for you. It is true and to the best of my intentions, I wanted to get back with you. The month of March really made it hard for some reason. The idle moments aggravated it. Weekends were hell. Heck, I had a struggle with last month too but it has somehow abated. I took a three-day off to think things through. Everyone thought I was going out of town but I was just at home.

And found my worth, again. I think I had enough.

Perhaps you have moved on earlier than I did and that is okay. That is great. And I should be happy for you. I have to be. Exes have to be happy for their ex-partners. That is the rule, the law that governs the past relationships.

In breakups, it is almost always a race to find happiness and recovery earlier.

What is the point of this writing, B?

To tell you that I am okay. And that we will be okay - in time.

And if we see each other crossing paths again for some random reason, I will give you a thumbs up and smile from afar. No drama. No scandal. No teary eyes.

Because B, you will always have a place in my heart.





"And in this loveless world it may be that it's wiser to dream than to awake." - Dr. Hawkins, The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie

Comments

Popular Posts