Of Saints And Sinners

As the night slowly spread more, his story did too.

"He had always been there for me, G. Everytime I needed him, he was there. I think I could not have asked for more."

"But doesn't it bother you that he comes home to his wife and kids after you?"

"At least I know that for our time together, we are happy."

I sighed with exasperation. Here I am trying to understand his point of view, albeit seeing differently, the loser's point of view. Yet, he sees his situation, their situation as if it was the best.

In his eyes, he was the winner. No competition.

"There was a time we were nearly caught. That, I think, was one of the testaments of how strong our relationship is."

"What happened?" I asked with worry.

"He was at our house and his sister came in unexpectedly because obviously there were already doubts coming from his wife." He told us. "We were cuddling on bed when we heard loud knocks on the door."

I changed my sitting position. I felt tense.

"I asked who it was and his sister answered. I panicked a little and told him to hide in my closet. My room was dark and the bag that he used, which was lying on the floor was dark-colored, so his bag was unnoticeable. I am sure his sister was not able to notice it. That was a relief." He continued.

"I hurriedly opened the door and acted as if I had just woken up. 'Hey, just woke up. What is it?' I asked his sister. "I was trying to hide my fear, G."

She told me that his brother is missing and that his wife asked me to check if he is here.

"My fear rose, G. I swear. The fact that the wife actually thought that he's here at home with me alarmed me." Michael shifted positions on his seat. "I told her that Choi did not drop by here and I haven't seen him for a while. However, she insisted."

I held his friend's hand. My date.

Michael anxiously got his phone to call Choi upon the sister's insistence...

"Hay, G! Thankfully it was on silent! It nearly gave me a heart attack! Imagine if it rang in his pocket while hiding in my closet. After a few rings I handed it to her to make sure that no one was picking it up!"

"What happened next?!" I asked.

"She apologized and left."

"You really love him, do you Michael?"

"For nearly six years G. I didn't even think of how complicated our set-up was if not for how he made me happy."

"What made you decide to end it?" I asked again wanting to know more.

"I only decided to end it. But he still does text me, asking me to meet him again..."

"And?"




Part 2

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts