A Held Promise

"Heyyy..." I greeted him with delight as he entered the store where we were supposed to meet.

"Hey!" He replied and smiled.

He was wearing a dark-colored shirt with some green abstract print, a pair of casual shorts, and a pair of Sanuk shoes. He was chinito, tall, and fit.

A first for me.

"Wait, let me just try these things on." I was holding four shirts that time.

"Wow, you're shopping."

"No, I just want to get them sweaty." I joked.

He gave a soft laugh and I proceeded to the dressing cubicle, and only tried two.

"Hey, sorry to have kept you waiting. There, I'm done." I told him as I handed the money to the cashier.

"No, it's okay."

"Where do you want to go?" I inquired. "Are you hungry?"

"A little."

"Okay but sorry I won't be eating with you right now. I just had a lot earlier this lunch time. Pasta, bread, fresh lumpia, and buko juice. A lot." I laughed.

"No problem. Let's look around."

"Okay Em."

Em and I first exchanged messages in Hornet. He was the first to leave a message and from there on we were communicating through Hornet only. It was after two weeks of chatting online that I decided to provide him my number even if he didn't ask for it. Em works in the Ticketing Department of an airline company plus he works part-time as a fitness trainer.

From the way he communicates he knows how to handle conversations and he is a good conversationalist.

Of course I want to get to know him better soon.

But honestly, I did not have plans to meet him that day as I was still with a date in Greenhills that time but I have to admit that I was eager to meet him because he seems interesting.

My phone rang while me and my date were about to leave Greenhills.

"Excuse me for a moment while I answer this call." I told my date.

"Hello, yes?"

"Hello G? How are you?"

"I am good. Why'd you call Em?"

"Are you busy?" He asked.

"Not much."

"Wanna meet later? My dancing class just finished."

I had to make a decision right then and there: leave my date and meet another one or spend the rest of the day with my date. I chose the former.

"Sure thing. Where'd you want to meet?"

"Okay, that's good. Where do you want?"

"Well you told me you're at Robinson's Manila. I guess we should just meet there."

"No problem. See you."

"Yeah thanks Em. See you too."

After making an excuse to my date I rushed towards the meeting place.




Part 1

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts