A Held Promise

"I want donuts!" He excitedly told me while we were walking looking for what he wants to eat.

"Sure. I love donuts too!" I said.

We saw a Dunkin Donuts kiosk and he looked at the selection wide-eyed like a kid. I followed him.

"You have got to try this!" I pointed to the Blueberry Cheese flavor.

"Okay, then I will get that one. And this one and this too." He pointed two different chocolate-flavored donuts.

"Aren't you going to eat that now?"

"No, I'll save this for later G."

"But aren't you hungry?"

"I am but I promised you we'd be eating your style." He told me. "Did you know I went semi-vegetarian before?"

"Really?"

"Yup, but I mentioned semi because I still eat meat on weekends. I just needed to lose weight that time so I opted for that."

"I see."

"Let's try Mr. Choi." He told me.

"Are there any vegetarian offerings there? Usually Chinese restos barely have options for all-veggies. I know they have chilled taho, though." I said. A little disappointed.

"We'll just check the menu, if there isn't anything that suits you we'll go some place else, okay?"

"Okay."

We went inside the restaurant and looked at the menu. Thankfully, there were vegetarian alternatives.

We decided to stay there and order for dinner.

"So how have you been?" He asked me while we were eating our appetizer - radish cakes - which actually has chorizo meat in them, but very minimal.

"I am good, been busy with work and gym. I barely go out on weekends anymore."

"And you?"

"Good too. Busy with work and dance classes."

"So you're part time trainer, right?"

"Yeah. After work I teach in the gym."

"Good for you. Did you know I actually applied there as a personal trainer?"

"Really? What happened?"

"Well I wasn't accepted though."

"That's okay G."

"I know. Anyway at least I tried." I smiled at him while our main dish arrived shortly.

After dinner we went to his pad. I was sleepy then. He told me I can't because we still have a lot to talk about.

"When was your last relationship?" I asked him while I lied on his bed. My eyes drowsy.

"October last year."

A few seconds passed.

"Oh wait, no, it was October 2011. So it has been nearly two years since my last relationship. How about you?" He asked.

"June of last year. So I've been single for nearly a year."

"What happened why you guys broke up?" I asked him.

"Well...first and foremost...we are actually a couple of bottoms."




Part 2

Comments

  1. i think being 'a side' is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. two tops can make it work but two bottoms: impossible. So they say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts