Last Try

It was Valentine's Day. Everyone seemed happy, perky. It seemed everyone is in a good mood.

I wasn't. It felt weird. I know I shouldn't be but I really did.

"I miss Robbie." I murmured to myself upon waking up at 19:00.

I was in mental torture; in constant confusion. I wanted to talk to him, even just through text to know what happened, or for a better question, why it happened?

Getting out of bed, my head felt heavy and my heart, heavier. I forced myself to wake up and eat dinner but my appetite is in rebound of wanting and not wanting to eat.

"Should I or shouldn't I?" There was a battle of pride inside me.

I kept pacing maniacally around the house going through the living room to the kitchen - back and forth, back and forth.

After a few minutes I asked Vince of his number.

"Hey Vince, can I ask for Robbie's number?"

"Sure G, hold on." He replied.

"Thanks."

A few minutes of waiting and I received it through business card.

Still in doubt but gulped my pride.

"Happy Valentine's Robbie."

"Hey G, same to you too! :)"

"How have you been?"

"I am good. Busy finishing some papers."

"I see."

"How is your Valentine's Day so far, G?"

"Well I just woke up. Stayed at home because I have work tonight. You?"

"Went out with friends and had dinner. :)"

"That is good to know Robbie. I am happy for you."

And suddenly I felt the need to ask him the question I have been saving up for when we meet.

"Hey Robbie, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What happened?"

"I'm not sure I'm getting you."

"What happened between us? I thought we were okay?"

"Well G when you said goodbye I thought that was it. It would be better for us to stop it. I think it was better that way."

I think it was better that way.

Those seven words resonated like glass crashing into millions of precious pieces to the ground.

My emotions were at a standstill.




Part 1

Comments

  1. Hugs.

    Hope u could find someone na magpapasaya sau soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope part 2 has a better ending

    ReplyDelete
  3. just pray and believe that someone is comming not one day but soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a hard lesson but one we just learn to accept.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for you.

    Been in that kind of situation a couple of times (okay, a hundred). Masakit. Mahirap. But we have no choice but to move on.

    I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts