Of A Foodie Event

"We're going to an event this Saturday." A friend of mine told me over the phone.

"Really? Where is it?"

"Market Market." He told me.

"What's in there anyway?" I inquired more.

"A foodie event. But, it's for bloggers."

"Really? For bloggers? How nice. I will try." I told him and hanged up the phone.

You see, the only events I go to are fashion shows as I am more inclined to those. It is of my interest and hobby. So the minute my friend told me about the foodie event, I was actually very excited: first, because I have not seen him since a blogger's birthday party and second, well, it's food. Who doesn't want food? With that in mind, I cleared up my Saturday just for that. No other meet-ups or what not. Literally after work, cleared for that event.

Saturday came and although I was sleepy because of sleeping late last night, I was really perky and in the mood to go out.

3:00 pm struck and I got my bag from the locker and flew towards Fort Bonifacio.

"Hey, where are you? I'm near Market." I texted my friend.

"Here at home, waiting for V. He's coming with us." He replied.

"Alright. Thanks." And off I slipped my phone in my pocket.

A few minutes inside the bus, turning from street to street, seeing the progress Fort Bonifacio has been achieving, it was a fun and entertaining ride, but a bit nauseating.

By the time I arrived at the mall, I knew I look wasted even without looking at my reflection. But instead of going inside a comfort room to freshen up, I went directly towards the activity center where the event is being held.

True enough, there were kiosks after kiosks of food and people, a lot of them! They were all roaming around sampling every food there is.

And I envied them right then and there!

"Hey, where are you guys? There are a lot of people here." I immediately texted my friend.

"Still at home."

I temporarily resigned and tried my best to keep my hunger at bay. After all, I was only invited.

Off I went to Bonifacio High Street to keep myself distracted then.

While walking towards Full booked towards Springfield, I received a text "Just looking for a place to park."

I sighed because primarily the sight at Bonifacio never fails to put me on a smile. Hot boys makes me smile. And twitch.

Walking back towards Market Market, I felt excited again.

With the rush of the air-con and the sight of a lot of people, off I returned to the activity center.

"Heyyy..." K greeted me.

"Hey!" My eyes lit up.

"Hey G, walk over here." E showed me the area where I get to enter.

Apparently, we were invited to the exclusive area. Not the area where a lot of people walk around and sample food from various 'popular foods'.

Here, they have catered food.

Nice!

"Why don't you get yourself a plate and help yourself?" E showed me where to get a plate and I obliged.

I looked for viands that would suit my taste, meaning, nothing outside fish, chicken, fruits, and vegetables.

Grazing my eyes, I found fish with chili honey mustard sauce and chicken in pesto. Grabbed some of them and made my way towards the group.

We shared stories and laughed, man, we laughed like there was no tomorrow, like we were the only people inside the mall, like we haven't seen each other in decades.

Seeing K, E, P, and E's partner A, it was a delight and truly something memorable.

Overall, the foodie event was a success. I can see people's faces wide-grinned and happy with the cornucopia of food they were offered. Some of them even went two rounds just to get a sample again! They enjoyed each and every kiosk they passed, as I had too with great acquaintances, awesome food, and the cool company that held the event.

It was a pleasure. 'Til the next event then, Ensogo!

Comments

Popular Posts