Buko Pie

Infidelity.


I was online one night with my default websites opened: Facebook, yahoomail, and Guyrony. I opened my inbox in yahoomail and saw someone sent me a personal message. The name, familiar, I swallowed a huge lump of saliva down my throat.


It turned out I was right. The current boyfriend of my first ex-boyfriend messaged me.


From the first few lines I knew what was going on, he caught his boyfriend cheating on him. I wasn't able to read the entire e-mail.


Honestly, the whole thought of him cheating was stressing me out.


You see my first ex-boyfriend and I first interacted through Yahoo messenger. We chatted mostly about random stuffs, some of my encounters, and him, just mostly listening and providing insights. A few months passed and we became good friends, and then best friends. It was one of the best experiences that has happened to me.


Later on, we fell for each other.


From the time I knew him he already has a unique personality - undefinable. Although I have something like this too, we never get it on our way.


But of course one thing that made me fall for him was him being loyal and honest. We were still both students then, him studying at UPLB and I, studying in Manila. It was not so much a struggle to be faithful to each other, we were in love and when that's the case, temptations are only short-lived, barely even.


We would talk long in the wee hours of the night even though we have classes the next day. We would talk how we spent our day and how was our day overall.


Everyday we would celebrate it as if it is our monthly anniversary, greeting each other daily like happy 156th day or happy 231st day. We were like that. Nuts over each other.


I can still remember how his effort just swoons me over and makes me fall for him more. Once a month, we would take a trip to Los Banos. Coming from Los Banos, he would take a trip towards Alabang where we would meet and then go together to Los Banos. At that time, trips going from Alabang to Los Banos seemed pretty surreal, I kid you not. The gesture was simple but that's the thing, his effort exudes an applause.


We would go to Pansol or bring me to his dorm inside campus, he would take me to Chowking to Vega Arcade, we would lip-lock in places around UPLB, and we would stay somewhere for the night. All of those I remember, all of what he did to me, I have still kept like treasures.


Of course there were moments too that I would play the tour guide for him here in Manila. We would go around Intramuros, walk around its wondrous and old yet majestic walls, stroll around Divisoria just for randomness, and go to Binondo to find a temple, which I still have not found one up till this time.


From those, I have built this perspective of him as a person of honesty, trust, and thoughtfulness. That is why I had a hard time trying to finish reading the e-mail of his boyfriend...


Because he changed. He used to be someone I thought I knew, but now I barely know him anymore.


Perhaps that is life, with every little thing changing with the blink of an eye, it was inevitable, I was just blinded by my denial.


He is a changed man now, I am too. A part of me wants to think he was the same old boy I fell in love with years ago, yet realistically, he is not.


But different as he may be, he will always be my buko pie no matter what.

Comments

  1. bagay sa post na ito ang kantang Somebody that i used to know by gyote feat kimbra pakinggan mo maganda.

    people change you know.. ganun talaga. it is something beyond our control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. on a completely different note, i usually have the original buko pie bought whenever a friend goes to uplb.

    now i;m curious about the marnel chocolate cake :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. But do remember, some people still choose to keep their elements. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. True, true. Was teary eyed after reading you. There was this person I thought I knew. Now, I'm wondering what became of him. What happened? Why the drastic change towards the "wrong path?" And the worst is, I worry for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. now i'm wondering why you broke up in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not that i am condoning it but there are a slew of reasons why people cheat. i know malabo na but if you have the chance, it would be in the interest of fairness to find out what your ex- has to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mas masarap ang buko pie ng Nueva Vizcaya. Although yung ube buko pie ng elbi ay sobrang malinamnam din. lakas lang tlga maka-eksena ng mg elbi peeps. hehe... nut yeah - people do change - i think we are forced to to keep with the times.

    k eternal: its Mernels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. friends kayo ng current nya?

    masarap ang buko pie sa los banos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If he's doing thing snow na hindi nya ginagawa before.. may reason ang ex mo..

    Lahat naman ng nangyayari may dahilan..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts