Of Unfolding A Chapter


Thankful would be the most suitable word to describe this year. Perhaps that is an understatement, perhaps that is just so.

From meeting new people, traversing new places, and finding my loved one, ah yes, this year has been plentiful of memories.

Learning a lot and hopefully putting all of these to good use.

At one point I have learned to have finally let go of feelings that had been quite bothersome. Regrets are man's worst emotional enemy, that is how it is. But I have learned to minimize these. I figured I cannot live on regretting more and accepting less. Life is beautiful, like a well-written novel striking you when you least expect it, astounding you.

I may not say much but I am very thankful of the people around me. I have learned that mutuality is of human nature, yet, I have also learned that you do not expect people to treat you the same way as you treat them, less or more, of various unspoken reasons, that you do not expect someone to make you feel the same way you feel for them, that you had shared a special moment, a bonding, a former connection but that is the magic of interaction, variable.

These people have helped me adjust to the fast-paced environment around.

Do I have trouble adjusting? Frankly, I have.

Do I see it as a problem? Frankly, I do. 

Do I want to always count on them for guidance? No, not anymore.

Perhaps it is time to be man enough to admit how I am really trying my best not to be swayed by indifferences, discrimination, and culture shock.

It is a breath of fresh air thinking that a lot of changes has been made, it amazes me even. For the past year made me realize how I was just missing out so much on some wondrous offerings.

Comfort zones, for the longest time, have kept me at both worlds - sane and a little insane. I promised myself to be bolder and leaping better than last time. Baby steps notwithstanding.

Whew!

Finally, this blog chronicles who I am and what I am as a person. Bad or good, I am truly, truly happy I get to interact with you guys. There is no denying that inasmuch as I want to close this one and start life anew, I just cannot bear to.

To the people who read my thoughts and moments of sense and sensibilities then I say my most heartfelt thanks.

Perhaps one day, we can go out and have some conversation about anything. Yes, even dramas! But let's plan that first.

2012 is just a few sleeps away...it's time to go out with a bang!

Comments

  1. cheers G! hope to see u again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you said here " I cannot live on regretting more and accepting less. Life is beautiful, like a well-written novel striking you when you least expect it, astounding you."

    we have to be thankful for all of the things that happened to us this year, especially things that taught us.

    happy new year G! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so another chapter had to be folded. And comes the next one that will be better as long as we claim it to be. It all depends on our choices. Let us keep on living. Let us keep on loving. Happy new year, G!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Mr. Chan - FINALLY!

    *my-so-called-quest - thankful, yes, that is truly the most politically correct term. Happy New year too!

    *pointlessparanoia - the next one will be of uncertainty but one thing is for sure, better than the last. Cheers to 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts