To The Glory That We Were

As the song slowly ended and the claps slowly faded, there we were again, brought upon the reality of the now.


Of our 30-and-40 something now.


"K, ito na talaga," I was moping at my close friend during lunch at Perfect Pint in Greenbelt 2.


"How old are you again?" K asked.


"37." I sadly replied.


"Hay honey, it is what it is."


And it is true.


It is a fact.


We have grown more mature. There is no other way to say it. Blunt and direct without euphemism.


Everyone ages. It is a fact.


But I feel... I still feel young.


Probably not the party-rara-boy I used to be. Nor the perky-happy-flirty guy I once was.


But truly, I still feel young despite me staying home most of the time.


I still feel young despite me sleeping up to 12 hours daily.


I still feel young despite me hating Party noises, which I absolutely loved before.


But then again, I see myself in the mirror. I see crow's feet and fine lines.


I feel deeply breathing when I exercise and taking a longer-than-usual pause.


And I feel exhausted after work even if work was not even stressful.


Yet I am thankful for I still get to celebrate these moments with friends I cherish and family I love/hate.


"It is, what it is," I softly mumbled.

Comments

Popular Posts