The Aging Post

"Can you believe we've known each other for a decade?"


We continued our story.


"Ang bilis ng panahon ano?" Tinitigan niya ulit ang kanyang alak.


"Ikaw K, masaya ka ba? And when was the last time you went out steadily?"


"Two years ago na. Si J ang huli ko. That guy from Pampanga."


"Totoo ba? Siya na ang huli mong naka-date?"


"Oo. Wala namang iba. Ang hirap kayang makahanap ngayon."


"Ang aarte ng mga lalaki ngayon. Nakakaloko." He added.


We laughed.


Totoo naman kasi.


"Last year I spent two weeks here at the condo. Ganoon pala G ano? Andami ko palang kayang gawin sa isang araw - gym, lumabas sa mall, magpa-laundry, mag-ayos ng sarili, manood ng sine at mag-uwi ng lalaki."


His wine was nearly finished while mine was already gone.


"So I brought someone home and we spent the night together. And I just realized I miss someone beside me. That feeling of hugging and just telling stories of himself and of myself."


He went to his fresh laundry. He collected some socks and showed them to me.


"Ang cute nitong mga socks ano? I got them on sale in the US."


They were assorted socks of bountiful colors and designs - quirky patterns and animations. He opened his drawer and placed them neatly.


"Teka, anong nangyari sa lalaki mo?" I was curious.


"When we woke up and he didn't feel like leaving yet, gusto ko siyang ihagis sa bintana."


Tumawa kami ng malakas.


"Nakakaloko ka K! Bakit mo naman naisip yun?"


"He was just there for the night. That was the deal. And when we woke up I realized, I still am not ready to be with someone."


"So ano itong drama mong you wanna be with someone kanina?"


"Only when I feel stressed and I needed someone beside me..."


And then I understood him. And saw his perspective.







Part 2

Comments

  1. Pisces season daw kasi kaya ganun ang feeling ng mga tao

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts