Frozen

"Kuppa tayo."

My friend Dyan invited me when we were gladly eating at Paul with our bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

My eyes widened and I stared at her.

"Bakit?" She got surprised.

"Me and my ex used to go there before..." I told her while tearing another morsel of bread and dipping it on the vinegar.

"Hay, G! Ano ka ba! Anong taon ba yun?!"
"2015."

"Move on na."

"Oo naman. Naka-move on na ako. Grabe ka sa akin!" I jokingly said to her.

We laughed lightly.

"You know what? I realized the moment you go to places where you and your ex used to go to without hesitation, doon mo malalamang okay ka na..."

Bingo.

She exactly read my mind.

Alam niyang ganoon akong tao. I stray away from places where I used to have fond memories with someone.

But still, I hesitated. Wala din naman akong makakain doon. I was just curious how the place looks like two years since I last went there.

Andami palang nangyayari sa isang idlap.

Sometimes sadness takes too long to pass and happiness takes too fast to last.

You cannot go back to the moment but you can go back to your memory.

And I remembered everything quite well.

Pero tama sila at tama si Elsa, "The past is in the past."

I took her unfinished piece of bread, dipped it on vinegar and olive oil, and chewed slowly.

I sighed.

"Sige."

Comments

Popular Posts