Venti Soy, No Whip, Extra Foam, White Chocolate Mocha

There I was at the coffee shop again sipping my drink while doing paperworks for school.

I glance every now and then at the crowd around me. No one interesting.

My eyes returned to the cup of coffee I am indulging and then back to the laptop on the table. Waiting for me to tap it. Make love with it again. Paperworks.

I flicked through my laptop on the e-book's next page and wrote down on my 2012 planner. My mind still cannot comprehend much when I cannot write notes down. It's still something I am difficulty adjusting to.

I cupped the coffee again and took a quick sip. I opened my phone's data and tethered it to my laptop.

Opened Facebook, GMail, LinkedIn, GSMArena, PhoneArena, Pocket-lint, Pocketnow, Yugatech, Medscape, NCBI, and another Google tab (as if I don't have a lot going on).

The coffee grew colder and the time advanced. I became unaware. Engulfed in reviews. Engulfed in news feeds.

I arrived at the coffee shop early morning and yet it's nearly lunch and I haven't finished much.

"Oh well, that will have to wait." I muttered to myself as I become entranced in the latest gadget reviews.

I swiped my laptop's screen and go back to the e-book. Again, I hold my planner which serves as my notebook and write again.

A few minutes passed and my hand started to get sore again. Writing for long periods of time makes my hand go sore. I have not seen an orthopedic doctor nor a neurologist.

"Immunology, B-cells, T-cells, CD4 count, macrophages, neutrophils, basophils, eosinophils" - I write down everything but comprehend almost nothing. I write down notes but do not understand them completely.

The sun was setting, there was still much more to do, but I was not able to finish what my purpose was when I entered the coffee shop.

I felt bored and uneasy. I cupped my coffee which was nearly empty and glanced around at the people again. It's a noisy place and yet I still have the patience to stay there and do what I have to do.

I closed the e-book, closed the browser, turned the data and tether off of my phone, packed my bag, and decided to go home.

And I just spent 200 pesos on a Sunday.

Comments

Popular Posts