28 And Counting

"One year older and none the wiser." I posted on Facebook last week.

Ah yes, it just seems yesterday that I had been 27. Now I am 28.

The big 2-8. Gosh, I can't believe I'm that old already. When I started blogging and hanging out with other bloggers I was rather young at that time. Been blogging for six years and counting.

I feel so old. Ugh.

Being 28 puts me into another perspective of my life, primarily my life goals.

I remembered when K and I were having dinner. He was asking me why I'm studying again. I told him I want to know more and I really want to go into the academe. He told me outright how non-lucrative that is. I quite agree. But I feel teaching is my calling. And so here I am completing post-graduate studies.

Although at times I feel I should be doing something else, investing something else. People nowadays are into investments and variable insurances. I have yet to establish that having just began investing last February. It's better to have started now than not start at all, as people say.

So, 28. Hmmm...Really, I cannot define what I am feeling right now nor what I should be feeling right now. I seem okay with my age, yet feel I am not okay with where I am with my age.

I feel like starting a business yet think that I need to finish studies first then business after.

I feel like purchasing a real estate before inflation hits again, yet cannot get out of studies because I really want to go into the academe badly.

Intersections are part of living. Every step you take will take you to a branching road often with streets, roads, and avenues to take.

I'm 28 and I know I feel 28, although metabolically I'm 22.

Yet maturity wise? I feel 18 years old.

What's next for me then?

Well, perhaps by 29 I shall know.

Comments

  1. Ok lang yan. 28 lang hehe. Still young. Ano nalang ako. Lol

    do what makes u happy if its teaching go lang.. goodluck and belated happy bday

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts