Diary of a Boy - Entry 1

Teddy and Karlos
I was 21 then: ambitious, assertive, sociable, and committed. I had just committed to a guy I have been conversing with in PR (formerly G4M) for about three or four months. The date is now vague as it had been years ago. We were a typical couple then. He doesn't have good looks but he is charming and a personality anyone would appreciate. He was 24 working for a BPO then at a mall in Taguig. He was as tall as me (or as short as me), skinny and fair-skinned. He is a geek. He loves National Geographic and even has a subscription to National Geographic. He collects them with much gusto, so it's no surprise that he likes general knowledge.

I, on the other hand, isn't very charming nor have an outstanding personality but somehow we clicked.

I can still remember the days when we used to go to various malls to stroll. You name a mall and we might have been there. We have this habit of strolling aimlessly looking for anything we could find, although, it was really more of spending time with each other since we both still live with family members: him with his sisters and I with my parents and siblings.

Our favorite restaurant was North Park which was still located outside Glorietta 2 before it moved now to Glorietta 5. I always order the Three Kinds of Mushroom with herbed noodles while he orders anything under the sun. Mind you, he wasn't spontaneous or anything. He was just experimental when it comes to food. We have also tried North Park in Market Market and in Trinoma.

He would always be in his jovial self which made me fall in love more. Even after his grueling work, he always brings his A-game. That's what I loved about him. That's what me appreciate him.



Months before...

I was dancing inside a club in Malate. I was alone. I always had been when I go to clubs especially when I'm single. It makes me look more, shall we say, single. Anyway, I was dancing all by my lonesome when a cute guy approached me and gave me his number - on a sheet of tissue.

"That was a first," I thought to myself as he left and let me proceed to my having fun.

Feeling confident, I texted him when I got home. After all, who am I to diss a cute guy like him? He was tall, lean, tisoy and a smile that could kill.

"Hey, my name is G, I'm the one you gave your number inside the bar. And you are?"

"My name is Beans."

Comments

  1. Great first part. Super duper cliffhanger though. Annnnnnnnd what happened to the pr guy?

    Mr. Bean. Haha. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a little confused. Will just wait for the continuation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts