Adjustment Period

"I hate people who can't adjust!"

The guy I was talking through Hornet told me one Sunday afternoon.

"I'm sorry, I can't go there late. The transportation will be difficult for me."

I replied.

"Stop saying sorry, you're only making yourself look pathetic."

He nonchalantly texted back.

I stopped.

You see, I always had trouble adjusting. Most people I know adjust fairly easily - work, environment, family - almost everything.

I don't. The moment I feel that it will be of inconvenience, I don't give in.

Sure I could adjust when it comes to school or gym days or the time I eat, but bookings, work, and sometimes, even social life, I reject the idea.

This much has troubled me in the past and still haunts me up till now.

That is how I think. That is how it goes. But definitely - sooner or later - I have to adjust whether I like it or not.




Comments

  1. hmmm, creature of the comfort zone, ey?

    apir!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't we?

      The girls who always want guys of convenience? Of accessibility? Of ease?

      :)

      Delete
  2. Well that guy's a bitch. And I'm glad you didn't give in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have lashed at him thru text though, but, you know, my mom taught me well. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts