Sweet Boys

I was quietly sipping Jack Daniel's and Coke on the corner of Uno Lounge. It was Vackie's birthday and Kane invited me.

Gosh, I curse Jack Daniel and its potency. No food, just booze. Everyone seems to be alright with the set-up.

"Hey, how have you been?" Kane asked while I was busy gulping my liquor.

"I am good. As always."

"No boys lately?" He asked.

"None. As always."

He laughed. "Okay."

"Hay, it's hard to find someone decent nowadays!" I told him.

"I know, I know. Hey, talk to you later, my crush is here."

"Where?"

"There." He pointed towards the door. "You see G, I had this crush on him for the longest time."

I looked at the guy, very cute and very presentable too. A little taller than I am. Very cute.

And off he went to talk to his crush while I continued to drown myself with Jack Daniel's plus Mr. Bacardi joined us too.

Observing the two talk it was interesting, like old friends catching up. I was quite far so I wasn't able to hear their conversation but still, it was fun.

After how many rounds of drinking and me already feeling light-headed and tipsy I just realized that the two are still not finished talking.

The sun was rising and people were leaving the place, even Vackie had already left the place yet me, Kane, his crush were still there.

"OMG, this is like the longest flirtation I have ever seen." I was amusing myself because I was tired.

After a few minutes Kane bade goodbye to his crush. And we also went home.

A few days later I texted Kane: "Hey, sooooo, what happened back there?"

"Where?"

"In the club with Patrick. God, that was a long flirtation. Were you disappointed?"

"Ay, Patrick and I already dated."

"What?! When?"

"About last year, November."

"And then?"

"And then what?" He asked.

"No s*x?"

"None. It was a date only. We just had lunch."

"I see."

"Besides he's a sweet boy."

"What does that mean?"

"He only has s*x with his partner."

"Really? Hmmm... aren't we used to be like him?"

"Honey, we are beyond redemption."

I literally laughed loud upon reading his text.

Yet it got me thinking, s*x is easier to have nowadays. One conversation can already lead to bed. But why do we have to always give in to our urges? Because they're urges per se? I am not being prude. I am not being righteous here. That's not the point. I would like to try it again, sleeping with the guy I truly love. Appreciating every second next to him, just with him and only him. I would like to try sleeping with the guy I know by surname, first name and middle name and not just his first name or nickname. I would like to try sleeping with the guy who knows who I am, where I work, what I do, what my goals are, what my future plans are, and what my future plans are with him.

But for now, I'll keep Patrick's ideal in mind and that should do.

Comments

  1. I tried that and failed. I still would want to know first if he'd be great in bed and all. He might be sweet, intellectually stimulating but it takes more than just that for me to be satisfied. You'd get my attention but maybe not for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grabe pala si kane makipag flirt. Hihihi

    Pero napaisip din ako dun.andali na nga ng sex ngayon. Sa sobrang dali nakakaumay na.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts