A Letter To the Ex

My ex whom I was not expecting to give me something for my birthday recently gave me a simple gift card. It was a cheap-looking card which costs 17.75 at any National Bookstore but the way he weaved words and scrambled ideas to express his feelings just struck me deep into my heart. His words were not profound like authors coming from Ivy League Universities, the language that he used are not something only a linguistic can understand. There was a certain 'twang' and 'ooomph'. His words were pure and simple arranged into a paragraph of sophistication and elegance like Romeo courting Juliet. The card is cheap and that's a fact but the message is priceless and that's also a fact. I sobbed, I literally sobbed after reading it out. And so with further ado, I give you my open reply to your letter:


You know I never intended to hurt you nor make you feel unwanted but the truth is that's just what I did. I never intended to make you suffer nor make you sleepless through the nights but that's just what happened. You know we have been a lot and it seems forever. We had our ups and our downs but we always made it through. You were always the stronger man between us two but you hate venting out to me and that's what I hate about you. I always idolized how you handle things, from budgeting to family matters to working on some things. You were always the cool one when the going gets tough. You were always the patient one when situations get rough. You know I have personal issues that are just so tough to resolve, you understood me quite well and that's what I'm thankful for.

You know I have to leave you just to keep me sane. From the clashes of fate, bashing of destiny and realizations of being gay. It's not your fault, it never was since the start of what we had. My life is just complicated that's all and I want you to understand. That's the thing can't you see that I'm not a person who takes it easy, I give a fight to life and love but give up easily. So all I can say is that I loved you and that my feelings were genuinely true but I have to find myself to know myself to search for what's in store for me.

You pleaded and poured all your love to me but my mind is made up, I have to go for the best of what I want to be. My heart will always have the fondest treasure of you as being my partner. Remember what Mr. Biggs' said to Carrie in Sex and the City movie we watched?

Ever Thine.

Ever Mine. 

Ever Ours.   

Comments

Popular Posts