Pertinence

"Mom, alis tayo this weekend."

It has been a while since I treated my parents out. And honestly it felt good.

Being a frugal freak, I always have been more on the practical side of life. I would like to treat them every now and then but thought that the money I would buy for lunch or dinner would be better for groceries.

That's how my mind process things.

I recently watched a video of an old man whose kids are all abroad and he's spending the rest of his days longing for his children's communication.

He may have the finest things in life, but I wondered, "Is that what he really needed?" "When all he ever wished was his kids' time."

That was a good realization for me with matching slap on the face.

And so last weekend I opted to treat and spend time with them. It was a wonderful opportunity to catch up too. Something we don't normally do because we're so busy with our everyday lives even though we all live under the same roof.

I looked at my Mom and Dad while eating and told myself, "Thank goodness I can still spend quality time with them."

My mom suddenly looked at me, smiled and said, "'Nak, thank you."

"No Mom, thank you. You don't know how much this means to me."

I muttered to myself while I looked at my old folks once more.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts