Of Relationship Dynamics

"G?"

My ate texted me Monday morning. I was at my grandparent's place then. Doing research and reading blogs. But mostly the latter.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Kat already has a bf...I'm sad." She continued.

When they broke up I advised her that she stop communicating but knowing her stubborn ways, she continued to contact her.

So I was not able to provide a reply immediately. I thought of ways on how to respond on a euphemistic perspective.

"Well that is normal. We have to be happy for them. At least you had beautiful moments with her too."

"Help me better, G."

Here comes my ate again. I don't know if it's just me but texts like these irks me because it portrays helplessness.

I can still remember my breakups. No one was mostly there to comfort me. I had myself. Only myself. I chose not to involve friends with my drama. And most definitely not my family and relatives.

I blogged, fooled around, religiously went to the gym, jogged, read books, distracted myself with work.

The bottom line is that I helped myself.

I could have replied like "Stop feeling helpless" or "You know everyone has ways to make themselves better". But being a sibling, I could feel for her.

"Ate, we can only do so much to help you. It will be up to you to get better or always go back to the past.:)"

"Yes, you are right. I want to get better and that you know I am helping myself."

"That is good to know. You know breakups are never easy. So take your time and don't hasten up finding someone again."

"Yes, G. It's never too easy."

"Of course and it is best not to communicate with her for now. That is the most advisable thing to do."

That is what I am doing. As in. I want that."

"That is good to know, ate."

"Please help, ha?"

"Always remember that you are not helpless, okay?"

"Yes, I am not."

"Then you will be fine in God's time, ate."

"Yes G. I will be. Thanks. It will mean a lot to me."

"Welcome and no problem."

Life is all about finding happiness, one find theirs more quickly than others.



Part 2

Comments

  1. you're right. we have to help ourselves first, before others can help us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. despite of its sad grounds, this post is very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alam ko na ang ia-advise ko if ever may lalapit sa akin na ganito ang problem. :)

    I hope kayanin ng ate mo. It will not be easy, but it's doable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The most beautiful things take time :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts