The Dating Game

Here I am, back to square one.

The beginning of beginnings.

The start of yet another search.

"So how are you?" Asked my friend over the phone after I told him.

"I am ambivalent. I am happy we ended in good terms but I am sad too." I passively replied.

"Why?" He inquired.

"I am happy because there was not any trace of anger or frustration. Hurt, yes, that is normal. But what is more to say? I have told him that. Sad because you know, I am tired. You know, looking for a partner can be the most tiresome of all - the dates, the getting to know phases, the instincts, the sparks everything comes into full play."

"I understand G. A break-up like that because at the back of your head you were thinking 'what if we take another chance, what if we can still try, what if there somehow there is a way to make it just like before?'"

"Yes, exactly how I felt. But you know, I told him, the world is small yet possibilities
are endless. It may have ended but sometime, perhaps..."
I was at a loss for words.

I suddenly looked up to the sky and I felt my neck tightening up. Tears trickled down both cheeks.

Then regaining my composure, "But for now, I am not fine, but soon, I will be. Thank you."

"Of course you will be."

And he hung up the phone while I went inside our house to finally take a good rest.



"This is why dreams can be such dangerous things: they smolder on like a fire does, and sometimes consume us completely." - Sayuri, Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.

Comments

  1. gheeeh it wasn't hard to end a relationship whats hard is to move on with your life with out him/her
    but still no matter how painful it had become love is still worth the risks

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's your type? i'll make bugaw you #mamasang lolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. tsk! I know you've been telling your stories repeatedly to your friends. i will wait for you to tell me :)

    sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read this at the office a while ago and the first thing that entered my mind was Charlie of the perks of being a wallflower. everything will be fine, if not now, soon enough.

    may the happiness that you always wanted find you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts