The Stranger From Facebook

People are right. It is more comforting to tell your story to a person you don't know well. It saves you the judgement, the face, and the embarrassment.

I have not experienced narrating my life in exquisite detail to someone I barely know yet, I feel, and chances are, I might soon.

I was logged in Facebook (FB) the other night. It was s typical day for me: wake up, go to work, go home, postpone jogging, log on to the net. As I was meticulously browsing from one URL to another, I suddenly chanced upon my page as having a pending notification. I immediately clicked on the page and saw someone requesting for acceptance. Since I almost always add people who send their request, I accepted him.
A few minutes passed and I heard a pop, the FB pop when someone sends a message over chat.

"Thanks for accepting". The boy said.
"Welcome. :)". I replied.

I was still browsing other pages so I leave every now and then from FB. The boy has not made a reply so on I went to checking tech sites.

A few minutes passed and I heard the pop again. I clicked on the FB window.
"How are you?"

The message window appeared on the lower right corner of the page again.

"I am fine."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What is your preference?"

"I am gay. And you?"

"Cool. I am gay too." He said

"That's nice to know."

I quickly saw his location to be in Japan.

"So how come you're in another country now?" I added.

"Hiding. I'm hiding from my ex-boyfriend." He told me.

"Because?" I blatantly asked.

"I got tired of him. I felt suffocated. He made me feel like I was in prison."

Whoa! I was quite surprised. Here was a person I barely know, whom I have barely known for more than a couple of hours yet he bares his part of life as if I was someone who knows him for a long period of time.

"He was not really like that..." And so he continued.






Part 1

Comments

  1. How is it different from chatting with someone on PR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. I also find it easier to share to people I barely know. That way you don't have to conform to their expectations on what you would normally say, you lay it out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiding in Japan? whoa! The ex-boyfriend must be a serial killer or its just his excuse for a pre-christmas shopping spree. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Drew - honestly, I don't know for I don't have an account there although when I was using G4M I can truly say, it's nothing compared as this.

    @ Raymond - that is so true. Laying all the cards without you thinking how they would judge you.

    @Caloy - haha.I think the ex was just a maniacal, possessive freak. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts