Of Reasons

"You know G there are three types of people you will meet in your life..." Sam narrated while I was sipping my Almond Latte outside this beautiful and ambient coffee shop in BF Resorts Village.

I looked confused about his statement.

"Can you elaborate please?" I asked him.

"You meet people for a reason...for a season...and for a lifetime." He continued.

"Ah! Yeah, now I understand what you mean. But please go on."

"So I met this wonderful guy last June. He actually has a partner in Australia and he just came here for work for a few months. They opened their relationship while he was here."

He sipped from the mason jar his Cold Caramel Macchiato.

"Okay?" I didn't know how to answer him properly.

'Anyway, his Aussie partner gave me permission to go out with him. I was the only one that he had given a "Go" signal.'

"Ayyy nakakaloko!" I exclaimed.

"Pero G, ganoon talaga. It is what it is."

He opened his cigarette pack and pulled out a stick. He lit it with his lighter and puffed.

I placed my handkerchief towards my nose. My allergy was on a roll that day and cigarette smoke was never a friend of mine.

"Oh sorry."

"I know Sam and I totally understand. I guess in my perspective it just felt...weird. And no offense meant ha."

"So when did he return to Australia?" I continued.

"Around September ata. You know G with him, it felt different. He can match my intensity: He can match my wavelength. He can match my being hopelessly romantic."

"But he's not yours, dear."

"You know I cried a ton when he left. I even gave him a photo of my cat and at the back of it was my G Drive shortcut. There contained my letter to him plus all our photos. Every freaking memory of us. I don't know why I did that but I just know I had to do it."

"And that's where we go back to people who you meet...Just for a reason..."

"In what sense?" I asked.

"You know I've been single for so long. God knows when." He smiled a little.

"Four years and counting 5 here." I jokingly chided.

We laughed a bit.

He lit up another cigar and took a long puff.

"But the thing is, may ganoon palang mga tao. That despite of hundreds and thousands of people you meet in dating apps, meron at meron pa ring makakapantay sa pagka-intense mo. And they're rare, surely. But they are there."

"So I am hopeful G. I am still very hopeful."

"I think there still is hope Sam..."

I smiled at him and looked at my coffee nearing its end.

He looked inside the cafe and made a sign language for water. The barista understood and smiled at him.

Comments

Popular Posts