Of Relationship Dynamics

"She already gave birth."

My Ate told me when she got home late and I was readying to go to work.

"Oh..." I haven't seen her for months because she moved back in with her family in Tondo.

I couldn't express anything. I felt that would be better. I did not get excited nor happy. I didn't even know how to react that time.

"So?" I asked ate.

"So what?" She shot back.

"What's your next step?"

"I don't know," while she placed her bag down on the dining table.

"Will you see her again?"

"I don't know."

"Will she see you again?"

"I don't know."

"Do you want to see her again?"

"I don't know either."

"I see."

We stayed silent for a moment. I was still figuring out what was going on in her head.

"Do you miss her?"

"I do, but everything is just so complicated now. And complication is something I can't deal with now."

"We always have a choice."

"Yes. Yes we do."

After a few more moments of silence I grabbed my bag and bade goodbye for work.







Part 3






P.S. The child's name is the combination of my Ate's name and her ex-girlfriend's.

Comments

Popular Posts